Kings County District Attorney’s Office
Summit on Wrongful Convictions
“Justice Continued: Prosecutors and Conviction Review”
Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York – October 15-16, 2015
ABOUT THE SUMMIT
Conviction Review Units in prosecutors’ offices were, only a few short years ago, a novel concept restricted to a few jurisdictions. Today, such units are being established nation-wide at an unprecedented rate, and they are setting a new standard for how prosecutors can work hand in hand with other key partners in a non-confrontational and extra-judicial manner. This conference will be an opportunity for prosecutors, as well as other key stakeholders, to engage in a series of discussions and presentations about conviction review.
- Current state of Conviction Review Units
- Models for conviction review
- Wrongful conviction cases in review
- Best Practices for preventing wrongful convictions
- Overcoming perceived obstacles to starting a Conviction Review Unit
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- District Attorneys with established Conviction Review Units
- District Attorneys interested in learning more about implementing a Conviction Review Unit
- Defense attorneys, legislators, educators and law enforcement professionals interested in the conviction review process
- Non-profit organizations involved in exonerating the wrongfully convicted
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR IF YOU WISH TO RECEIVE PRE-REGISTRATION MATERIALS,
Contact MaLora McCullough at firstname.lastname@example.org or (718) 250-3156.