Anti-Bullying Partnership to Prevent Violence and Suicide
The Anti-Bullying Partnership to Prevent Violence and Suicide is a coalition of City and nonprofit agencies, along with NYC Councilman Robert E. Cornegy, Jr., working in Bedford-Stuyvesant to increase parents’ awareness of the role social media plays in teen violence.
The Safe Summer Initiative
The Anti-Bullying Partnership to Prevent Violence and Suicide is kicking off in the summer and fall of 2017 with the Safe Summer Initiative, a campaign in District 16 schools to achieve the following:
- Increase the capacity of parents to recognize the signs of unhealthy internet usage among their children.
- Identify community resources that are available in helping them to combat these issues.
- Prevent the practice of young people using verbal and physical violence to solve social conflicts.
The Anti-Bullying Partnership to Prevent Violence and Suicide comprises the following partners:
- Councilman Robert E. Cornegy Jr.
- Kings County District Attorney’s Office and the Bureau of Youth Diversion and Initiatives
- Brownstoners of Bedford Stuyvesant
- Interfaith Medical Center
- All For One
- Restoration Plaza
- New York City Police Department (79th and 81st Precincts and their clergy)
- Thrive NYC and First Lady Chirlane McCray’s Office
- New York City Commission on Human Rights
- Samaritans NYC
To learn more about the partnership, contact Bobbie Brown at mailto:email@example.com.
Campaign Materials (click below to view and download posters)