ASSET FORFEITURE AND CRIMES AGAINST REVENUE BUREAU
The Asset Forfeiture and Crimes Against Revenue Bureau initiates forfeiture proceedings to recoup illegal proceeds and criminal instrumentalities— such as cash, bank accounts, homes and vehicles — from offenders who have engaged in and profited from illegal activities. The bureau also investigates and prosecutes individuals and corporations who fail to pay state and city taxes.
The Law Enforcement Assistance Unit assists in enhancing cases which are at the investigative, pre-arrest stage, by preparing subpoenas and various judicial applications, such as search warrants, takeout orders for lineups, and complaint-and-warrants. Cases involve a range of serious offenses, including homicides, robberies, credit card fraud, cybercrimes, identity theft, vehicular crimes, and domestic violence. The unit also works with out-of-state law enforcement agencies in preparing various judicial applications pertaining to interstate criminal matters. In addition, the unit handles all extradition and rendition matters.
The Organized Crime and Racketeering Bureau investigates and prosecutes members and associates of organized crime. The bureau also investigates corrupt enterprises involved in a wide range of criminal activity, including prostitution rings and fraudulent health care organizations.
Recent Press Releases:
- Brooklyn Couple Indicted for Fatal Shooting of TSA Worker
- Brooklyn Man Arrested for Receiving $74,000 in Cash Payments for Pretending to Help Three Women Buy Mitchell-Lama Apartments
- Bedford-Stuyvesant Man Pleads Guilty to Manslaughter for 2005 Cold Case Murder of His Girlfriend
- Six Defendants Indicted for Running Two Internet-Based Sports Gambling Operations
- Three Luna Park Housing Corporation Tenants Arrested for Submitting Forged Documents for Illegal Purchase of Highly Desirable and Affordable Mitchell-Lama Apartments