All homicides that take place in Brooklyn are referred to the Homicide Bureau for review. Although the bureau refers certain cases to other bureaus for prosecution (such as those related to domestic violence or gangs), the Homicide Bureau itself investigates and prosecutes a large majority of the homicides, including many of Brooklyn’s most complex and high-profile murder cases. The bureau, which is comprised of some of the agency’s most experienced assistant district attorneys, also serves as legal adviser to the police in homicide cases.
- Brooklyn Man Sentenced to 24 Years in State Prison For Fatally Shooting Reveler during 2014 J’Ouvert Celebration
- Ex-Boyfriend Charged in Execution Death of Correction Officer
- East New York Man Sentenced to 18 Years in Prison for Fatally Bludgeoning Victim with TV Set
- Brooklyn Man Sentenced to 18 Years to Life in Prison For Fatally Shooting Man During Argument in Bushwick Nail Salon
- Brooklyn Man Pleads Guilty to Fatally Shooting Man during 2014 J’Ouvert Celebration