All homicides that take place in Brooklyn are referred to the Homicide Bureau for review. Although the bureau refers certain cases to other bureaus for prosecution (such as those related to domestic violence or gangs), the Homicide Bureau itself investigates and prosecutes a large majority of the homicides, including many of Brooklyn’s most complex and high-profile murder cases. The bureau, which is comprised of some of the agency’s most experienced assistant district attorneys, also serves as legal adviser to the police in homicide cases.
Recent Press Releases:
- East New York Man Sentenced to 22 Years to Life in Prison for Fatally Shooting Man and Wounding Another During Botched Robbery
- Brownsville Woman Sentenced to 18 Years in Prison for Fatally Stabbing Romantic Rival
- Brownsville Woman Sentenced to 22 Years to Life in Prison for Fatally Shooting Man in the Back
- East New York Man Sentenced to 23 Years in Prison for Fatally Stabbing His Girlfriend
- Sheepshead Bay Man Indicted for Fatally Stabbing Brooklyn Professor Inside Victim’s Basement in Prospect Park South