All homicides that take place in Brooklyn are referred to the Homicide Bureau for review. Although the bureau refers certain cases to other bureaus for prosecution (such as those related to domestic violence or gangs), the Homicide Bureau itself investigates and prosecutes a large majority of the homicides, including many of Brooklyn’s most complex and high-profile murder cases. The bureau, which is comprised of some of the agency’s most experienced assistant district attorneys, also serves as legal adviser to the police in homicide cases.
- Brooklyn Man Sentenced to 25 Years to Life in Prison For Bedford-Stuyvesant Murder
- Canarsie Woman and Her Nephew Arraigned on Indictment for Murder of 91-Year-Old Bedford-Stuyvesant Man during Home Invasion Robbery
- Two Men Charged in Connection with Courtyard Shooting that Killed Two Innocent Women
- East New York Man Sentenced to 40 Years in Prison For Fatally Shooting Man during Road Rage Argument
- Fifth Alleged Gunman Indicted for the Murder of Carey Gabay during J’ouvert Celebration in 2015