All homicides that take place in Brooklyn are referred to the Homicide Bureau for review. Although the bureau refers certain cases to other bureaus for prosecution (such as those related to domestic violence or gangs), the Homicide Bureau itself investigates and prosecutes a large majority of the homicides, including many of Brooklyn’s most complex and high-profile murder cases. The bureau, which is comprised of some of the agency’s most experienced assistant district attorneys, also serves as legal adviser to the police in homicide cases.
- Brooklyn Man Sentenced to 33 Years to Life in Prison for Fatal Shooting of East Williamsburg Metal Worker during Crime Spree
- Queens Man Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison for Fatally Stabbing Teen during Pizzeria Brawl in Brooklyn
- Brooklyn Man Convicted of Murder for Fatal Shooting of East Williamsburg Metal Worker during Crime Spree
- Lower East Side Man Sentenced to 40 Years to Life in Prison for Murder and Gun Possession in Decades-Old Dispute That Started in China
- Brooklyn Man Sentenced to 40 Years to Life in Prison for Fatally Shooting Man Multiple Times in East Flatbush
- Brooklyn Woman and the Hitman She Hired to Murder her Husband Both Sentenced to Life in Prison