All homicides that take place in Brooklyn are referred to the Homicide Bureau for review. Although the bureau refers certain cases to other bureaus for prosecution (such as those related to domestic violence or gangs), the Homicide Bureau itself investigates and prosecutes a large majority of the homicides, including many of Brooklyn’s most complex and high-profile murder cases. The bureau, which is comprised of some of the agency’s most experienced assistant district attorneys, also serves as legal adviser to the police in homicide cases.
- Boston Woman Sentenced to 25 Years to Life in Prison For Fatally Stabbing Man in Brownsville
- Brooklyn Man Sentenced to 23 Years to Life for Fatally Shooting Man Following Argument in East Flatbush Bodega
- Brooklyn Man Indicted for Murder of Williamsburg Landlord During Botched Robbery and Kidnapping
- East New York Man Sentenced to 23 Years to Life in Prison for Murdering His Mother Amidst Family Dispute
- Homeless Man Convicted of Murder for Fatally Shooting Man During Robbery on Brownsville Street Corner