All homicides that take place in Brooklyn are referred to the Homicide Bureau for review. Although the bureau refers certain cases to other bureaus for prosecution (such as those related to domestic violence or gangs), the Homicide Bureau itself investigates and prosecutes a large majority of the homicides, including many of Brooklyn’s most complex and high-profile murder cases. The bureau, which is comprised of some of the agency’s most experienced assistant district attorneys, also serves as legal adviser to the police in homicide cases.
Recent Press Releases:
- Long Island Man Convicted of Murder for Shooting Brooklyn Pizzeria Owner to Death as He Arrived Home
- East New York Teenager Indicted for Fatally Shooting Man in Prospect Lefferts-Gardens Bodega Following Dispute
- Brooklyn Man Sentenced to 20 Years to Life in Prison for Fatal Ambush Shooting of Innocent College Student
- Brooklyn Man Indicted for Mass Shooting During Old Timers Day Celebration in Brownsville Park
- Brooklyn Man Sentenced to 45 Years to Life in Prison For Murder of Manhattan Chef