All homicides that take place in Brooklyn are referred to the Homicide Bureau for review. Although the bureau refers certain cases to other bureaus for prosecution (such as those related to domestic violence or gangs), the Homicide Bureau itself investigates and prosecutes a large majority of the homicides, including many of Brooklyn’s most complex and high-profile murder cases. The bureau, which is comprised of some of the agency’s most experienced assistant district attorneys, also serves as legal adviser to the police in homicide cases.
Recent Press Releases:
- Brooklyn Man Sentenced to 30 Years to Life in Prison For Killing Another Man in Dispute Over Money
- Sunset Park Man Arraigned for Hammer Attack That Killed Mother and Critically Injured 2 Children
- Brooklyn Man Indicted for Murder of 23-Year-Old Man
- Bedford Stuyvesant Man Sentenced to 25 Years to Life in Prison For Killing Mount Vernon Man and Setting Body on Fire
- Teenager Indicted for Murder as a Hate Crime for Allegedly Stabbing O’Shae Sibley in Anti-Gay Attack at Midwood Gas Station