All homicides that take place in Brooklyn are referred to the Homicide Bureau for review. Although the bureau refers certain cases to other bureaus for prosecution (such as those related to domestic violence or gangs), the Homicide Bureau itself investigates and prosecutes a large majority of the homicides, including many of Brooklyn’s most complex and high-profile murder cases. The bureau, which is comprised of some of the agency’s most experienced assistant district attorneys, also serves as legal adviser to the police in homicide cases.
Recent Press Releases:
- Manhattan Man Indicted for Murder of Off-Duty Police Officer During Attempted Robbery in East New York
- Brooklyn Man Indicted for Kidnapping Woman And Fatally Setting Her on Fire
- Coney Island Teenagers Indicted for Beating and Stabbing Death of 17-Year-Old Boy in After School Gang Assault
- Brooklyn Man Sentenced to up to 21 Years in Prison for East Flatbush Shooting That Killed an Innocent Teen
- Brooklyn Man Indicted for Shooting Death of Ethan Williams