All homicides that take place in Brooklyn are referred to the Homicide Bureau for review. Although the bureau refers certain cases to other bureaus for prosecution (such as those related to domestic violence or gangs), the Homicide Bureau itself investigates and prosecutes a large majority of the homicides, including many of Brooklyn’s most complex and high-profile murder cases. The bureau, which is comprised of some of the agency’s most experienced assistant district attorneys, also serves as legal adviser to the police in homicide cases.
Recent Press Releases:
- Brooklyn Man Indicted for Shooting Death of Ethan Williams
- Brooklyn Man Indicted for Murder and Dismemberment of Girlfriend
- Brooklyn Couple Indicted for Fatal Shooting of TSA Worker
- Brooklyn Man Charged with Murder and Assault for Killing Woman and Injuring Four Others While Allegedly Driving Recklessly, Evading Police
- Brooklyn Mother Indicted for Killing her Three Children