All homicides that take place in Brooklyn are referred to the Homicide Bureau for review. Although the bureau refers certain cases to other bureaus for prosecution (such as those related to domestic violence or gangs), the Homicide Bureau itself investigates and prosecutes a large majority of the homicides, including many of Brooklyn’s most complex and high-profile murder cases. The bureau, which is comprised of some of the agency’s most experienced assistant district attorneys, also serves as legal adviser to the police in homicide cases.
Recent Press Releases:
- Long Island Man Sentenced to 24 Years to Life in Prison For Murder of Brooklyn Pizzeria Owner
- Brooklyn Man Indicted for Murder of Three Individuals
- Brooklyn Man Indicted for Allegedly Stabbing Police Officer in Neck, Shooting His Partner and Firing Gun at Police Officers Who Responded to Scene, Wounding a Third Officer
- More Than 36 Alleged Violent Offenders Indicted over the Past Week After Grand Juries Reconvened in Brooklyn
- Staten Island Man Indicted for 1980 Cold Case Murder of Lorraine Snell