All homicides that take place in Brooklyn are referred to the Homicide Bureau for review. Although the bureau refers certain cases to other bureaus for prosecution (such as those related to domestic violence or gangs), the Homicide Bureau itself investigates and prosecutes a large majority of the homicides, including many of Brooklyn’s most complex and high-profile murder cases. The bureau, which is comprised of some of the agency’s most experienced assistant district attorneys, also serves as legal adviser to the police in homicide cases.
- Waitress Sentenced to 15 Years to Life in Prison for Fatally Stabbing Man in Sunset Park Chinese Restaurant
- Brooklyn Gang Member Sentenced to 37 Years to Life in Prison For Killing Teenage Girl, Injuring another Man in Separate Shootings
- Brooklyn Gang Member Convicted for Murder of Teenage Girl, Causing Serious Injury to another Man in Separate Shootings
- Brooklyn Man Sentenced to 24 Years in State Prison For Fatally Shooting Reveler during 2014 J’Ouvert Celebration
- Ex-Boyfriend Charged in Execution Death of Correction Officer