All homicides that take place in Brooklyn are referred to the Homicide Bureau for review. Although the bureau refers certain cases to other bureaus for prosecution (such as those related to domestic violence or gangs), the Homicide Bureau itself investigates and prosecutes a large majority of the homicides, including many of Brooklyn’s most complex and high-profile murder cases. The bureau, which is comprised of some of the agency’s most experienced assistant district attorneys, also serves as legal adviser to the police in homicide cases.
- Gang Member Sentenced to 23 Years to Life in Prison for Fatally Shooting Man in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- Brooklyn Man Sentenced to 41 Years in Prison for Fatally Shooting Teenage Girl
- Brooklyn Man Convicted of Fatally Shooting Teenage Girl
- Man Indicted for Fatal Shooting near Barclays Center
- Brooklyn Man Sentenced to 15 Years to Life in Prison for Mowing Down Business Owner with Stolen Truck