All homicides that take place in Brooklyn are referred to the Homicide Bureau for review. Although the bureau refers certain cases to other bureaus for prosecution (such as those related to domestic violence or gangs), the Homicide Bureau itself investigates and prosecutes a large majority of the homicides, including many of Brooklyn’s most complex and high-profile murder cases. The bureau, which is comprised of some of the agency’s most experienced assistant district attorneys, also serves as legal adviser to the police in homicide cases.
Recent Press Releases:
- Georgia Man Sentenced to 25 Years to Life in Prison for Fatal Shooting Outside Brooklyn Funeral
- East New York Man Sentenced to 18 Years in Prison for Fatally Bludgeoning Unarmed Man
- Man Sentenced to 25 Years to Life in Prison for the 2015 Death Of Staten Island Woman in East Williamsburg Hotel
- Brownsville Man Convicted of Murder in Death of Staten Island Mom Found Naked in East Williamsburg Hotel
- Fourteen-Year-Old Indicted for Shooting Death of Innocent Honor Student On Basketball Court in Brownsville Park