All homicides that take place in Brooklyn are referred to the Homicide Bureau for review. Although the bureau refers certain cases to other bureaus for prosecution (such as those related to domestic violence or gangs), the Homicide Bureau itself investigates and prosecutes a large majority of the homicides, including many of Brooklyn’s most complex and high-profile murder cases. The bureau, which is comprised of some of the agency’s most experienced assistant district attorneys, also serves as legal adviser to the police in homicide cases.
- Brooklyn Man Sentenced to 40 Years to Life in Prison for Fatally Shooting Man Multiple Times in East Flatbush
- Brooklyn Woman and the Hitman She Hired to Murder her Husband Both Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Lower East Side Man Convicted of Murder for Shooting Death Stemming from Decades-Old Dispute That Started in a Small Village in China
- Teen Indicted for Attempted Murder for Seriously Injuring Police Officer by Intentionally Dragging Him with a Vehicle
- Sheepshead Bay Man Indicted for Fatally Shooting Wife